Crispy Shrimp Cups
The perfect party food for passing, this stuffed wonton also lends itself well to crabmeat or mushroom fillings instead of shrimp. Serve them hot, warm, or cold. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, Alberta
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake; 15 min.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Optional garnishes: lemon slices and fresh basil leaves
- Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Combine
- butter and garlic powder; brush over edges of wrappers. Bake at
- 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, minced parsley and hot
- pepper sauce until blended. Spoon into cups. Bake 5-8 minutes longer
- or until filling is heated through. Top with shrimp. Serve warm,
- garnished with lemon and basil if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.