Crispy Salmon Steaks
My husband and I had always enjoyed fish, but I could never make it quite right until I found this recipe. The first time I made it, I knew I had a winner.
-Maxine Pheasant, Mt. Airy, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch paprika
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 2 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, salt and paprika. In another
- bowl, combine saltines and chips. Dip both sides of salmon steaks in
- butter mixture, then coat with crumbs. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat
- for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 650 calories, 48 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.