- In a large shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, pepper sauce and
- minced garlic. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic
- powder and seasoned salt. Coat onions in flour mixture, dip in egg
- mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In a deep fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Drop onion
- rings, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 6 onion rings with 1/3 cup dipping sauce equals 628 calories, 50 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,317 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.