Crispy Pretzel Bars
"I often make a big batch of these peanut butter-flavored cereal bars on days that I don't want to heat up the kitchen," relates Jane Thompson of Eureka, Illinois. "Kids especially love them, so they're great for picnics, potlucks and school bake sales."
60 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup plain M&M's
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in
- peanut butter until blended. Add the cereal, pretzels and M&M's;
- stir until coated. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan.
- Cut into bars. Yield: about 5 dozen.