Crispy Potato Pancakes
Here's a potato pancake that doesn't take much time to make and is just right for two people. Weekends become our time to relax and enjoy life, and this is one of our favorite treats.
-Nancy Salinas, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- Finely grate potatoes; drain any liquid. Place potatoes in a large
- bowl. Add egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix
- In a large skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter
- by 1/4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown on
- both sides. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 187 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.