Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken
This is a delicious way to fix chicken that has all the flavor without all the calories. The cornflake coating is dressed up with a pleasant mixture of herbs and seasonings.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another
- shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice and salad dressing. Dip
- chicken in lemon juice mixture, then coat with cornflake mixture.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast) equals 288 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,