Crispy Onion Chicken
My family loves chicken...and I'm always trying new ways to prepare it. This golden brown chicken with its crunchy french-fried onion coating is great with rice, baked potatoes, macaroni salad or potato salad.
-Charlotte Smith, McDonald, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original french-fried onions, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard,
- garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add 1/2 cup-fried
- onions. Dip chicken in the butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Top with remaining
- onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 603 calories, 47 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.