Crispy Mashed Potato Pancake
From Scottsdale, Arizona, Mary Schuster shares her tasty secret for using up leftover mashed potatoes. With just a few basic ingredients, she can fry up this delightful dish for only 20¢ per serving.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the first four ingredients; mix well. In a small skillet,
- heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato mixture; press with a
- spatula to flatten evenly. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until
- bottom is crispy. Invert onto a serving plate. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.