Crispy Garlic Breadsticks
"This is a surprisingly tasty way to use day-old hot dog buns," says Linda Rainey of Monahans, Texas. Thanks to the milk garlic flavor, they're a nice accompaniment to a meal or a crunchy snack. For a kid-pleasing treat, substitute cinnamon and sugar for the garlic powder.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 day-old hot dog buns
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Split buns in half; cut each half length-wise. Combine butter and
- garlic; brush over breadsticks. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: Breadsticks may also be baked at 250° for 60-70 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 130 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.