Crispy Cone Treats
Kids get a kick out of ice cream cones filled with a chocolate-topped rice cereal mixture. They'll disappear off the bake sale table! Or make them for a birthday party instead of cake. —Vera Matheson, Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 18 ice cream cake cones and/or sugar cones
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Assorted jimmies
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup,
- peanut butter and butter. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until
- melted, stirring twice. Stir in cereal and peanuts. Spoon into ice
- cream cones.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of
- cones in melted chocolate, then in jimmies. Let stand until set.
- These treats are best served the day they are made. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 crispy cone treat (calculated with a cake cone) equals 343 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.