Crispy Cod with Veggies
Take the chill off brisk evenings and warm body and soul with this light but nourishing entree from our Test Kitchen. Round out the meal with a loaf of crusty bread.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed potato sticks
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, tomato, onion and garlic;
- spread into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Top with cod fillets; sprinkle with pepper.
- Combine the potato sticks, bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle
- over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with 1 cup vegetables equals 316 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.