Crispy Christmas Trees
These holiday novelties will draw admiring comments wherever you serve them a sprinkle of sugar supplies a yuletide touch to each fanciful hand-shaped creation.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups pastel miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Green decorator's sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows; cook and stir
- over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and
- pecans. Let cool just enough to handle.
- With greased hands, shape into trees. (Work quickly as the cereal
- hardens quickly and becomes difficult to form.) Roll in green sugar.
- Place on a serving tray; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield:
- about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.