Crispy Chip Candy Mix
My grandchildren love to help me prepare this recipe. The mix makes a great gift gift because it looks pretty layered in a jar and speeds up the process of creating yummy candies.
32 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place coconut in a small resealable plastic bag; set aside. In a
- 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid, layer the cereal, chocolate
- chips, confectioners' sugar, pecans and cherries. Place bag in jar.
- Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare candy: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter.
- Stir in candy mix and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in
- coconut. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 123 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.