Crispy Chicken Fingers
My kids love these tender, moist chicken strips! My husband and I cut up the chicken and add to a lettuce salad with eggs, tomatoes and cheese. And everybody's happy! —Rachel Fizel, Woodbury, Minnesota
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. Dip a few pieces of
- chicken at a time in buttermilk mixture, then place in bag; seal and
- shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few
- strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer
- pink. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked chicken equals 341 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.