Crisp Almond Cookies
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and have shared it with family and friends many times since. These slightly sweet crisp cookies bring a flavorful ending to any meal.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar and fluffy.
- Beat in water and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to
- the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets;
- flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 127 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.