Crescent Turkey Casserole
How do you make a dinner of turkey and vegetables really appealing to kids? You turn it into a pie, of course! My version tastes classic, but won’t take any time at all. —Daniela Essman, Perham, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine mayonnaise,
- flour, bouillon and pepper. Gradually add milk; stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add turkey and vegetables; heat through. Spoon into a
- greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. Seal
- perforations. Place over turkey mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 470 calories, 30 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.