Chili powder lends just a hint of heat to this full-flavored and oh-so-easy chicken entree from Susan Shields of Arcadia, Florida.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken
- in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or a meat
- thermometer reads 170° Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, celery,
- onion, chili powder, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2/3 cup sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 320 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,