Creole Chicken Thighs
Cajun seasoning adds loads of flavor and spice to this easy-to-assemble meal. The slow cooker does the work so you don't have to!Matthew Laman, Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. In a large
- skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the broth, beans, rice, tomatoes,
- green pepper, parsley and remaining Cajun seasoning. Top with
- chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is
- tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken thigh with 1 cup rice mixture equals 395 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,314 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.