- garlic, thyme and sage; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the nutmeg,
- squash puree and remaining broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Ladle soup into bowls;
- sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup with 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese equals 167 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.