- wire racks. Cut a small slit in the side of each puff to allow steam
- to escape. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold
- in creme de menthe. Pipe about 1 tablespoon into each puff.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine butter and chocolate. Cook
- and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to make desired
- consistency for dipping.
- To assemble tree: Separate puffs according to size and shape,
- choosing the flattest ones for the bottom layer and the smallest
- ones for the top. Dip the bottoms of the 21 flattest puffs into
- glaze. Place on a 10-in. round serving platter, forming a solid
- For the second layer, dip glaze on the bottoms of 15 puffs, then
- position on base layer. Continue building tree, using about 11 puffs
- in third layer, about six puffs in fourth layer, about four puffs in
- fifth layer and one puff on top.
- Drizzle remaining glaze over tree, thinning with hot water if
- Loosely cover tree with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2
- hours. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if
- desired. Yield: 60 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 mini cream puff equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.