Creme de Menthe Cheesecake Cookies
Some say these are the best cookies they’ve ever had! Such a cinch to put together with just five ingredients, and so easy to vary. Stir in your favorite baking chips and change up the decorations to suit any holiday. See why they’re the best? —Sheila Sporn, Houston, Texas
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- Green candy coating disks and sprinkles, optional
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add egg and cookie
- dough; beat until combined. Add baking chips and mix well. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- If decoration is desired, melt candy coating in a microwave. Transfer
- melted coating to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the
- corner. Pipe designs onto cookies and decorate with sprinkles.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Bake and cool cookies as directed. Freeze for up to 1 month. Several hours before serving, proceed with finishing cookies as directed.