Creamy Yogurt Ice Pops
These fun, refreshing peach pops get smooth, creamy goodness from yogurt. Any fruit can be substituted in the recipe. We’ve even used bananas. Yum!Denise Patterson, Bainbridge, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) peach yogurt
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 medium ripe banana, quartered
- 16 Popsicle molds or paper cups (3 ounces each) and Popsicle sticks
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for
- 1-2 minutes. Stir in sugar. Cook and stir over low heat until
- gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
- Transfer to a blender; add the yogurt, peaches and banana. Cover and
- process until smooth. Fill each mold or cup with 1/4 cup peach
- mixture; top with holders or insert sticks into cups. Freeze. Yield:
- 16 pops.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pop equals 63 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a