Creamy Watermelon Pie
My family loves this pie. Cubes of sweet watermelon "float" in a creamy filling made from condensed milk and whipped topping with a hint of lime. It's a nice change from more traditional fruit pies.Brent Harrison, Nogales, Arizona
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-2/3 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Watermelon balls and fresh mint, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk and lime juice; fold in whipped topping and
- cubed watermelon. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- before slicing. Garnish with watermelon balls and mint if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 318 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.