Creamy Watermelon Pie
From Carlinville, Illinois, Velma Beck reports, "This simple pie is so refreshing that it never lasts long on warm summer days." Watermelon and a few convenience items make it a delightful dessert that doesn't take much effort.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool to room
- temperature. Whisk in whipped topping; fold in watermelon. Spoon
- into crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 272 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.