Creamy Turkey Casserole
From Hastings, Minnesota, Mary Jo O'Brien sent this satisfying supper idea that puts Thanksgiving leftovers to terrific use. "I sometimes make turkey just so I have the extras for the casserole," she says.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 5 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups salad croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in
- the turkey, broccoli, rice, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30 minutes; stir. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake 8-12
- minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 311 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.