Creamy Thyme Spread
Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin shares a make-ahead cracker spread that showcases thyme and garlic. "A neighbor who has an herb garden gave me the recipe," Mary writes. "It's simple to stir up and makes a special appetizer for company. It's also fun to serve at a party."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, thyme, parsley and garlic; mix
- well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 100 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.