Creamy Summer Vegetable Salad
Mother made this salad whenever we barbecued. It's easy to fix, goes well with meat or chicken and is a good way to utilize garden vegetables.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed, optional
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and radishes. In
- a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add to vegetables
- and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.