Creamy Strawberry Pie
"I like to end a nice company meal with this easy make-ahead dessert," says Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. The eye-catching pie has a big strawberry flavor and extra richness from ice cream.
6 ServingsPrep:25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Drain strawberries into a 1-cup measuring cup and reserve juice; set
- berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; pour into
- a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the
- heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ice cream; stir until
- blended. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until thickened (watch
- Fold in reserved strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate
- until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with fresh strawberries if
- desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 345 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.