Creamy Squash Casserole
This is so easy to prepare. With squash, carrots and stuffing mix, it's an excellent holiday side dish.Sue Moore, Columbiana, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds acorn or butternut squash
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, divided
- Cut squash in half; remove and discard peel and seeds. Cut squash
- into 1/2-in. cubes. Cook squash in a small amount of water for 3
- minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, butter, carrots and onion; stir
- in 2 cups of stuffing mix. Fold in squash.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- remaining stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes
- or until squash is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.