Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
So rich and creamy, this pasta dish is wonderfully cheesy and delicious! “And for time-saving convenience, I like to assemble it the night before, then bake it the next day!”
Susie Sizemore - Collinsville, Virginia
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-2/3 cups equals 662 calories, 37 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,362 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as