Creamy Sourdough Snack
"This snack was a big hit at my mom's 50th birthday party," says Darelyn Payes of Hayward, California.
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream, cream cheese, onions and
- Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Add
- cheese and ham; cook and stir until cheese is melted and ham is
- heated through. Cut off top of loaf; carefully hollow out top and
- bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut bread into cubes. Pour dip into
- shell; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with bread cubes.
- Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts:-Added by System Jul 07-->none