Creamy Smashed Potatoes
These potatoes are so good that I serve them at Christmas. My family prefers these to any other mashed potato recipes. Megan Taylor
4-6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain
- and place in a large bowl; mash the potatoes. Add the remaining
- ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6
TEST KITCHEN TIP Instead of baking the mashed potatoes in the oven, you can spoon them into a slow cooker keep them warm on low.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 183 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.