Creamy Prosciutto Pasta
I'm always looking for dinners that I can put together quickly. I re-created a favorite pasta dish from an Italian restaurant by using grocery store convenience products. Add crusty bread and a salad for a complete meal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine or refrigerated linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Add spinach. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook just until spinach
- is wilted.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and prosciutto; cook for 1-2 minutes or until
- heated through. Drain pasta; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 494 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,418 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.