Creamy Potato Casserole
"I was in a hurry the afternoon I made up this fast-to-fix potato casserole," comments Connie Clifton of Pegram, Tennessee. "I just mixed the sliced spuds with the rest of the ingredients and put them in the oven. The mixture of tender potatoes and the mild cheese sauce bakes to a pretty golden brown."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients; mix well. Place in a greased 8-in. square
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until
- the potatoes are tender. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.