Creamy Pork Tenderloin
My husband learned this recipe while at cooking school. This tenderloin is a great dish for company because it's so elegant, yet folks don't realize how easy it is to prepare.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until it just begins to brown; drain
- and set aside. Cut pork into 1-1/2-in slices; flatten slightly.
- Sprinkle with paprika, pepper and salt if desired.
- Place pork in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with
- bacon. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until pork
- juices run clear. Pour cream over the top; bake, uncovered, 5-10
- minutes longer or until the cream is slightly thickened. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 445 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.