Creamy Pepper Dip
This is a wonderfully versatile recipe. I first tested it as a vegetable dip with vegetables, potato chips or bread sticks…but my favorite use is a topping for baked potatoes in place of sour cream.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables and/or ridged potato chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk and
- seasonings until smooth. Chill until serving. Serve with vegetables
- and/or potato chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables or chips) equals 257 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.