Creamy Pear Pie
There aren't many recipes using fresh pears. I heard this recipe on the radio while I was driving the tractor in the field. I kept repeating the ingredients over and over until it was time to go in the house for lunch, then I wrote the recipe down on paper. We've enjoyed it every summer since.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, toss pears with sugar and flour. Combine sour cream
- and extracts; add to pear mixture until blended. Pour into pie
- In a small bowl, mix toppings ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle
- over pears. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to
- 350°; bake 45 minutes more or until the pears are tender. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 324 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium,