Creamy Peach Sherbet
Cool fruity sherbet is a satisfying way to finish off a filling meal. I make this light dessert for my family and guests often.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups frozen, unsweetened peach slices, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste, 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 1 to 2 packets sweetener
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- In food processor or blender, pulse/chop peaches. Add remaining
- ingredients; blend until creamy. May be served immediately or stored
- in freezer until serving time. (Other frozen fruits may be
- substituted for peaches.) Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.