Creamy Pastel Mints
For a refreshing addition to your party fare, be sure to fix these easy-as-can-be candies. "To make them, you simply stir the ingredients together, then cut out shapes using little cookie cutters," pens Jane Brady from her Seattle, Washington kitchen. "I use the mints for all sorts of occasions, including baby showers and birthdays."Janice Brady, Seattle, Washington
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 drop blue food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Divide cream cheese equally among three small bowls. Stir 1/8
- teaspoon peppermint extract into each bowl. Using food coloring,
- tint one portion red, one blue and one yellow. Gradually stir 1/2
- cup confectioners’ sugar into each portion.
- Knead 1/2 cup of the remaining confectioners’ sugar into each color
- until smooth. Roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. (No sugar or flour is
- necessary on the rolling surface.) Use 1-in. cookie cutters to cut
- out various shapes. Store in an airtight container in the
- Yield: about 5 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.