Creamy Orange Salad
This cool, light and pretty salad has a refreshing orange taste that complements any big meal. With just five ingredients, it's very simple to prepare. I've served it for my family and shared it at potlucks. - Priscilla Weaver, Hagerstown, Maryland
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherry, fresh mint stem and mandarin oranges, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. In a bowl, beat cream cheese
- until fluffy. Gradually blend in the hot gelatin mixture, beating on
- low speed until smooth. Stir in the milk; fold in whipped topping.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours or
- until firm. If desired, garnish with a flower made of cherry, mint
- and oranges. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 272 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein.