Creamy Onion Spread
"My daughter came across this recipe a few years ago, and I have adapted it to our family's tastes," writes Janet Joecks of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- Additional sliced green onions
- Breadsticks and sweet red and yellow pepper strips
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to
- medium-low. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until onion begins to
- turn golden brown. Add the green onions, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and
- cream cheese until smooth. Stir in onion mixture. Garnish with
- additional green onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with breadsticks and peppers. Yield: about 2 cups.