Creamy Olive-Stuffed Chicken
A creamy olive filling turns these breaded chicken breasts into a special weeknight meal. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a
- small bowl, combine cream cheese, olives, oregano and pepper. Spoon
- 2 tablespoons down center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over
- filling; secure with toothpicks, then roll in bread crumbs.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, brown chicken in oil. Bake 20-25
- minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 286 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as