There's lots of garlic flavor in this filling side dish. I like it with grilled chicken but it works wonderfully with nearly any menu. -Brenda Nolen of Folsom, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add the
- cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, onion powder, Cajun seasoning,
- pepper and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat just until
- smooth (do not boil). Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with cream sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,