So simply prepared yet so satisfyingly good, these thinly sliced mushrooms are creamy, mild and comforting.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place mushrooms in a large stockpot; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil; stir. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until
- tender. Drain well.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually
- add milk and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt and mushrooms. Cook and
- stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.