Creamy Monterey Jack Soup
"This mild comforting soup can be made in a matter of minutes," writes Shannette Matlock of Louisville, Kentucky. "Served a s a first course, it upgrades any meal from so-so to wow!"
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, tomato and chilies. Bring to
- a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk, soup and garlic salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Place cheese
- cubes in serving bowls; ladle hot soup over cheese. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 314 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,158 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.