Creamy Mashed Potato Bake
I've shared this recipe so often that my friends call it "Margie's Potatoes." You can serve it as a side for beef, poultry, pork, lamb and fish.Margery Richmond, Fort Collins, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients;
- beat until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes
- or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 185 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.