Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
This is a great way to make America's most popular comfort food. The dish turns out cheesy, rich and creamy.Jennifer Babcock, Chicopee, Massachusetts
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a
- greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until a thermometer reads
- 160°, stirring once. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 388 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.