Creamy Lime Sherbet
"The lime flavor in this cool treat is perfect, and the pastel color is so pretty," says May Dell Spiess of Industry, Texas.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Dash salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the sugar,
- limeade and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture
- until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a
- freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about
- 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 177 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a