- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the
- bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at
- 325° for 6-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until
- combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking
- pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Let
- stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar and
- vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10
- minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1
- hour longer.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining
- sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high
- heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon
- juice, butter and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature without
- Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 260 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.