Creamy Lemon Cake Bars
These refreshing delicacies caused a stir in the test kitchen. Are they cakes or bars? You’ll just have to try them and let us know what you think! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) lemon frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth. Set
- aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add eggs to remaining mixture; beat on
- low speed just until combined. Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a
- wire rack for 1 hour. Spread reserved frosting mixture over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 370 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a